Estate Planning Attorneys in Rocky Hill, CT
Suppose you are an estate planning attorney in Rocky Hill, CT. In that case, you know that the need for estate planning is crucial for those looking to establish a will, trust, or other legal protections for their beneficiaries. On the other hand, many people may not realize they require an estate plan until too late. Our experienced lawyers in Connecticut are here to protect your interest and get the best estate plan for you. We will then create a plan that fits your needs. We will explain what goes into creating an estate plan.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate Planning is a process that involves many different options and solutions. Our experienced attorneys in Connecticut take the time to listen to your concerns, goals, and objectives. In the initial consultation, we ask questions to help us understand how you want your family’s future protected. Our goal is to prepare documents that accurately reflect your wishes and ensure ease of administration so as not to have an undue burden on your family members or loved ones during a tough time when they are grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you have minor children, we will discuss who you would like to act as guardians if something happens to both parents. We will also discuss who you would like to handle finances for minor children until they reach age 18.
We work with our clients throughout the entire process to ensure all estate planning objectives are met. You may think that estate planning is only for the rich, famous, and elderly. But it’s not. Estate planning is for anyone who wants to control what happens to their assets when they die or become incapacitated.
We will help carry out all the steps necessary to execute your estate plan.
However, your estate plan does not become effective until adequately executed. The attorneys at Darius Law Group will help carry out all the steps necessary to execute your estate plan.
Making sure that your estate plan is carried out effectively requires the expertise of an experienced attorney. Darius Law’s team of qualified legal professionals can help ensure that all assets are properly distributed through a will, trust, or other instruments.
If you need to update or revise your existing estate plan, we will take care of it!
- A significant life change.
- A move to a new state.
- The addition of children or grandchildren to your family.
- Marriage or divorce.
- The acquisition of new assets.
We are here for any questions, concerns, or modifications.
- Estate Planning: We can help you with any aspect of your estate plan, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. Whether you are looking to create a simple will or complex trust, we can assist you in creating a plan that meets your wishes.
- Probate: We have extensive experience navigating the probate process for small and large estates. If you want to avoid the probate process or want assistance dealing with the probate court, please get in touch with us so we can discuss how best to accomplish your goals.
- Trusts: If you wish to use a trust as part of your overall estate plan, we can assist you in creating it and ensuring it is appropriately administered.
A will is a legal document stating how you want your property distributed after your death.
A will must be written and signed by you and witnessed by two people. For a will to be valid, however, you need to be of full age (18 and over) and mentally competent at the time of signing.
If you die without a will, the state decides how your property is distributed. By making a will, you can do things like:
- ensure that everything goes according to your wishes rather than the laws of your state
- name an executor—someone who makes sure the terms of your will are carried out
- add specific instructions about funeral arrangements and memorials;
- appoint guardians for dependents under 18 or older, dependents with special needs
- Create or change trusts for dependents (these are an arrangement where assets are held for another person’s benefit); and many other essential details.
Power of Attorney
Why do I need an Estate Planning in Rocky Hill, CT?
- You want to provide for your loved ones after you pass away or become incapacitated.
- You want to determine who will make financial and health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated.
- You have minor children and wish to designate a guardian for them in your will.
- You own a business and want to make sure it keeps running after you die or become incapacitated.
Call our Estate Planning Attorneys Now!
The main goal of estate planning is to create a plan that will distribute assets in the manner that most closely resembles those desired by the deceased.
Creating an estate plan can be difficult, and this is particularly true if you are unfamiliar with the legal system. We here at Darius Law Group assist residents of Rocky Hill and surrounding communities in Connecticut with their estate planning needs, real estate, family law, probate, civil litigation, business law, and more. Please schedule a consultation with our law firm today!